Wollarium

Wollarium

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Made in Berlin

A rare find - some time ago I stumbled upon a low table - probably once used as a plant stand - with a mosaic pattern on the table top. A real mosaic - glass stones in stunning bright colors: a kind of apricot with black and white accents. Most of those tables I met before had some damages from water, but this one is in a stunning condition - no signs of age and only a bit of dust. To be honest, I always thought these mosaic things were homemade. But on this one I found a label below the top with the name and address of the maker -  a crafter's studio in Berlin-Heinersdorf - which not only means that this is an original from mid century Berlin, but also that it was made just around the corner from my home. What a find!


No comments:

Post a Comment